- RSS Channel Showcase 9070526
- RSS Channel Showcase 3803501
- RSS Channel Showcase 4806057
- RSS Channel Showcase 3428327
Articles on this Page
- 03/24/08--06:58: _Generic Ajax Widget
- 04/04/08--03:27: _Dashcode Video Tuto...
- 06/04/08--15:05: _Sample Codes for Da...
- 01/01/09--05:54: _Dashboard 10.4(Tige...
- 09/30/10--11:15: _Build Web Apps with...
- 09/30/10--11:19: _RSS Feed Reader Wid...
- 09/30/10--18:18: _Dashboard Widget Tu...
- 07/03/11--04:37: _Game Development – ...
- 07/09/11--09:01: _Build a Safari Exte...
- 07/09/11--09:15: _Build a Safari Exte...
- 07/19/11--02:37: _MacWall Tips
- 07/19/11--06:12: _Change your Screen ...
- 07/19/11--10:05: _Use Photos from iPh...
- 04/19/12--02:40: _Xcode Development
- 04/19/12--07:05: _Base SDK Missing
- 04/20/12--06:05: _WebKit Open Source ...
- 04/30/12--04:35: _Ray Wenderlich Tuto...
- 05/01/12--02:30: _Unity Game Development
- 05/02/12--06:56: _Creating an Interac...
- 05/02/12--07:55: _Moving from Xcode 3...
- 03/24/08--06:58: Generic Ajax Widget
- 04/04/08--03:27: Dashcode Video Tutorials
- 06/04/08--15:05: Sample Codes for Dashcode
- 01/01/09--05:54: Dashboard 10.4(Tiger) and 10.5(Leopard) Tips:
- 09/30/10--11:15: Build Web Apps with Dashcode
- 09/30/10--11:19: RSS Feed Reader Widget !
- 09/30/10--18:18: Dashboard Widget Tutorial
- 07/03/11--04:37: Game Development – Tutorials
- 07/09/11--09:01: Build a Safari Extension
- 07/09/11--09:15: Build a Safari Extension – Videos
- 07/19/11--02:37: MacWall Tips
- 07/19/11--06:12: Change your Screen Saver
- 07/19/11--10:05: Use Photos from iPhoto !
- 04/19/12--02:40: Xcode Development
- 04/19/12--07:05: Base SDK Missing
- 04/20/12--06:05: WebKit Open Source Project
- 04/30/12--04:35: Ray Wenderlich Tutorials
- 05/01/12--02:30: Unity Game Development
- 05/02/12--06:56: Creating an Interactive iPhone App
- 05/02/12--07:55: Moving from Xcode 3 to Xcode 4
As part of this article, I’ve included a generic Ajax widget that simply grabs a URL and parses out a small section of the DOM that I’m interested in.It’s a good jumping off point to get going with an Ajaxified widget. Download generic Ajax widget Download the source Dashcode Ajax project Getting Dashcode If you’ve(...)
Watch Dashcode Video Tutorials
Dashboard is a display and management system for Mac OS X desktop utilities, called widgets. Developers can create widgets, such as a clock or a calculator,to provide functionality that doesn’t require the complexity of a large application. Dashcode Sample Codes: Hello WorldIntroductory Dashboard widget example(HTML) (DMG) (ZIP) FortuneDeprecated – Demonstrates use of a widget plug-in(HTML)(DMG)(ZIP)(...)
Change the Dashboard shelf’s background image: In 10.4, when you press the ‘+’ symbol in the bottom left corner while Dashboard is active,the Dashboard shelf slides up into view containing all your widgets.The background image used for the shelf can be found here: …System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/perf.png You can replace this image with any PNG image you like(...)
When you first launch Dashcode (the easiest way to launch it is through Spotlight), you will see that Dashcode has already created some templates for you to build your Web applications quickly (see Figure 1). Figure 1: The various templates provided by Dashcode The best way to learn is to select each template (other than(...)
This tutorial walks you through using Dashcode to create a Dashboard widget. As you follow the steps, you learn how to choose a widget template, customize your widget’s appearance and code, and share your widget with others. Completing this tutorial is a quick and easy way to get started building Dashboard widgets in Dashcode. This(...)
Unity Widgets BuildingBesides regular Mac apps, Unity can build MacOSX widgets, using the Unity web plugin. Customization The widgets are just a web player wrapped with the widget HTML. If you right/option-click on the .wdgt file and select Show Package, you’ll see the generated Unity file and accompanying HTML, CSS and images. Any additional files(...)
1. Get The Right Resolution Regardless of its artistic beauty, a wallpaper that doesn’t come in a high enough resolution and matching aspect ratio will look grainy and distorted. To avoid awkward looking background images, you should understand the specs of your monitor before you start hunting for great wallpapers. Screen resolutions are denoted in(...)
Your desktop picture is the most high-profile item on your computer. Likewise, your screen saver is the most high profile item when you’re not. And like the desktop picture, you can change the default screen saver, use your own slideshow creation, or use a third-party screen saver. To swap your current screen saver for another(...)
Use your Mac Desktop as a large digital frame of sorts. You can show favorite pictures from albums you’ve created in iPhoto, and have them change every so often, too. Open System Preferences (in the Apple menu). Click Desktop & Screen Saver (in the first row). This will bring-up settings for Desktop wallpaper and Screen(...)
NSTableView class to create a single column table view 1. Create an Xcode project Step 01: Launch Xcode 3.0 and create a new project by clicking on File ⇒ New Project. Step 02: Select Application ⇒ Cocoa Application and click on the Next button. Step 03: Specify the Project Name and Project Directory as follows:(...)
For the noobie iPhone App Developer, their reaction to the error message “Base SDK Mssing” on an xCode sample code project, is similar to how I once felt about the “Blue Screen of Death” on a PC. I got that same feeling of frustration when I loaded down the PageControl sample code from Apple. I(...)
Here are some demo web applications that display various web technologies supported by WebKit. Offline CalendarPicking up where the sticky notes example leaves off, the Offline Calendar demo goes much more in depth into the power of the HTML 5 database API.By storing the user’s calendar events in a local databases and caching the application(...)
Beginning iPhone Programming iPhone programming is like a ladybug – fun and only a little scary! If you’re completely new to iPhone programming, start here! First there’s a tutorial series that will walk you through the process of creating an iPhone app from start to finish – using the most common APIs that almost(...)
Unity 3 is a game development tool that has been designed to let you focus on creating amazing games. If you’ve tried Unity before, see whats new in 3.0. If this is your first time, take a look around or try Unity for yourself. Free Full Version for OS X with Unity Pro, Android and(...)
Creating the New ProjectThe purpose of the application we are going to create is to perform unit conversions from Fahrenheit to Centigrade. Obviously the first step is to create a new Xcode project to contain our application.Start Xcode and on the Welcome screen select Create a new Xcode project. On the template screen choose the(...)
The majority of changes that will affect you for Xcode 4 are related to a redesigned user interface. This post offers a general overview of these differences, including hidden panels and integrated Interface Builder. Overall Interface RedesignPerhaps the most obvious change is that everything is now unified into a single-window interface. When you first open(...)